Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mission to Marzipan

I don't feel that I have the mental capacity to write a gushing narration about the amazing few weeks that I have had.  Instead, I'll shorten it to bullet points...maybe to elaborate later. :)
  • I've been learning.  A lot.  You think you learn a lot when you're in medical school but it's an entirely different thing when YOU are the one making decisions.  Ordering tylenol for a patient becomes a big deal - "what if they have an allergy?"  "what's their liver function?"  "are they on other medicines that will react with it?"  "what dose is best for them?"  I've re-learned an insane amount of physiology too.  Awesome.
  • With all the knowledge I've been gaining, I am feeling much more confident in myself.  When I get called about things I can handle - it's amazing.
  • I miss my family.  Especially my puppy (who has grown so much I can hardly recognize her!) and Chris.  Chris has been unbelievably supportive, like always.  I'm so grateful for him!

  • I might be making a wedding cake!  With my mom!  I don't have all the details yet, but making a wedding cake has always been something I wanted to do...so I'm very excited!
  • Another thing that is going to be awesome - I'm entering a cake contest!  I just made a cake for Patrick's 21st birthday that I'm going to submit to Threadcakes.  Threadcakes is a cake competition run by a T-shirt website, threadless.com.  The idea is to make a cake that represents one of their shirts.    It's hard to describe, so I'll just put up pictures.  I know I won't win, but entering in itself is exciting.  :)  If I get another long weekend I may have to submit another! 
That's about all for now.  I suppose I should go read about "sick sinus syndrome" or how to treat people with congestive heart failure AND kidney failure.  Or maybe I can go hand-wash my dishes that have been sitting in the sink all week.  Maybe I'll just go eat some more ice cream that Chris bought me.  (Thanks, Christopher!)


No comments: