Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Homemade pesto

I'm on subspecialty week this week for Medicine which means I get to go shadow a bunch of docs who subspecialize: nephrology, cardiology, GI, oncology, etc. I also went to my women's continuity clinic (where I get to go every week and it's AWESOME) and to home hospice one day (which is entirely different--and way better--than nursing home hospice). I should write about that later.

Right now I have much some pretty cool news.

I fell in love with a website called Karina's kitchen. She has Celiac disease so she makes a lot of gluten-free (and a lot of other-free things: lactose free, egg free, vegan, etc). I don't really know how I stumbled upon it, I think I was looking up a recipe to use turkey and sweet potatoes together (enchiladas!). I haven't yet gotten the chance to make any of the recipes yet, but I'm super pumped to try some of them. Also, the food photography is spectacular and I think she's a pretty entertaining writer. The line I liked best was "Homemade pesto always elevates the ordinary to extraordinary. Kinda like love." It helped that I made homemade pesto on Monday. :)

Anyway, I'm trying to decide what to make first. I'm thinking Butternut Chili then Peanut Stir Fry. Yum.


Edit: I actually saw a patient in my continuity clinic who had celiac disease a few days after I wrote this post - we talked about our favorite recipe websites!

No comments: