Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tweeting

Yes, I've joined the crowd and am now twittering. How do you verb that? Tweet? Twit? Twittering? I have recently begun to fear that I'm getting worse with technology now that I'm old. Seriously. What is this iPhone business and how do you use one? Tweeting? It took forever to figure how to put the widget on. Isn't it called a widget? This never used to happen when I was 22.

Today was uneventful EXCEPT I went to a peds meeting for a free lunch (and for some fantastic advice) and I got a free dinner at Malone's with the MDPhD crew. Sweet! I even got snacks from the Hospice lecturers today, so my food budget for today only included 1 piece of toast for breakfast. AWESOME.

The Peds meeting was great. I am leaning more and more towards Pediatrics (mostly because I never want to grow up) and they talked a lot about 4th year electives (which is SUPER exciting but also daunting). Right now I want to do an AI in Pediatrics (or NICU if that's possible?), back to Bardstown to work with Dr. Block, and electives in adolescent medicine, general dermatology (kids have lots of rashes), and an surgery AI in ... something else, maybe Labor/Delivery.

Speaking of 4th year, I signed up for USMLE Step 2 today. Holy crap! $1550, not including travel/lodging in Atlanta. I didn't do so amazingly hot on Step 1, so I need to rock out Step 2, which makes my problem of "test anxiety" (which I think was a major problem for my step 1 score!) become even bigger. I'm already almost having panic attacks just thinking about it. Supposedly step 2 is easier/better...but I'm not going to hold my breath. I need to go buy some books. And study.

I get ACLS certified on Saturday, meaning I will technically be certified/able to run a code in the hospital (example: patient's heart stops beating - I can do CPR, shock 'em, and push epinephrine and save their life)...which is pretty sweet but also terrifying. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, better do a little work then go to bed...more lecture tomorrow - whoo...

PS-Wedding planning is hard! Thankfully Chris is the BEST and is super helpful when it comes to planning... it's less than 8 months away!

1 comment:

Organic Meatbag said...

I become very uncomfortable when people start tweeting and googling each other...it sounds so dirty!