Tuesday, September 8, 2009

On Food

Note to self: make this!

MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

What you need:

  • 1 Coffee Mug (large mug)
  • 4 tablespoons flour (that’s plain flour, not self-rising)
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
  • some nuts (optional)
  • Small splash of vanilla

What you must do:

  1. Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
  2. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
  3. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
  4. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed! (*Mine didn’t do this)
  5. Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
  6. EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share!)
Despite learning how to bake a cake in the microwave, I haven't been up to much of anything too interesting these days. I'm in Bardstown (with internet, whoo!), trying to study (more like freaking out) for boards, getting all this wedding crap done (and I mean that in the nicest sense of the word), and filling out residency apps. That's making me freak out a little, too.

Anyway, things are OK here, still haven't decided Med vs Med-Peds but leaning towards just Med now. Already got sick (Wednesday, seriously, how do I get sick TWO DAYS after starting peds?), but I'm much better.

Oh and I had an awesome birthday. I got to hang out with an old friend from high school (well, she's young, but, well, you know what I mean) who was in town and it was great, had some delicious dinner and amazing cheesecake (baked by my mother, The Best Chef In The World), and got to spend lots of time with Chris despite living at my parents house. Good Weekend.

Chris also was a super sweetie and got me a couples back massage for my birthday. I've never had a massage before, so this is pretty big stuff for me. I'm super excited, and also glad that he'll get to be there too (because it's a little scary!).

Anyway, B-town is good. Quiet. I've been trying to secretly work out here in my back room and have been relatively successful, but I have to do things like "Ten Minute Abs" instead of Jillians Crazy 30-Day Shred, which is what I would rather do. It just packs more punch. But any exercise is good, right? I'm also trying despirately not to get fat, seeing as how I have a wedding dress to wear in almost a month, and I'm living with the two biggest food-pushers ever (my grandparents). Seriously. I can't leave the table without having seconds of at least half the food options, and there are usually a lot of options. Then they tell me I'm eating like a bird! Grandma, you don't have to cook so much stuff with bacon grease, and I definitely do not need thirds. Plus, Bardstown Peds is feeding me lunch every day, so I've been trying to be good, but it's very hard to eat out and eat healthy at the same time.

I'm managing, though, maybe I'll finish up this USMLEWorld test (blehhhh, I have around 40 more to do!) then work up a bit of a sweat. Quietly. :)

To do this week:
Study
Finish applications
Plan a wedding
Not get fat (that includes not making the aforementioned recipe for a while, doesn't it?)

Wish me luck!

No comments: