Thursday, February 25, 2010

Valentines and Caduceus

My lovely husband fixed me these pancakes for Valentines day! We don't usually get too into V-day too much since everything is 1) fattening 2) expensive, and 3) crowded. But, sweet berry pancakes in bed is a pretty good option.

Caduceus, or "med school prom," was a couple weekends ago. Chris and I decided to have a few people over beforehand just for a little fun. And the best way to get people to come over, of course, is with cake. I decided to make this cake and these cupcakes from a nerdy science food blog that I frequent, called Not So Humble Pie. My treats were not nearly as pretty (not anywhere near, since the cake didn't cook evenly and ended up looking pretty crazy) but boy were they delicious! We ended up having quite a crowd come over and almost all of the cake got eaten (which is exactly how I wanted it) and I am pretty sure it was well liked by all. Yum!

Coconut cake with raspberry white chocolate ganache

Marshmallow cream-filled chocolate cupcakes!

These were just some leftover sugar cookies I had from a bake sale...They were obviously not as big a hit as the cakes. My mouth is watering for some more of that coconut cake just thinking about it!

As an aside, my grandpa passed away this morning. I may put up some posts about it later (I have already written some but not posted them), but not yet. Please keep my family (especially my grandma) in your prayers. :)

No comments: