Thursday, November 27, 2008

As promised: what I'm thankful for

I just want to say this right now: I feel sorry for turkeys on Thanksgiving. I mean, everyone says "Happy Turkey Day!" all cutesy and happy but really, are the turkeys that happy? I think it's probably Sad Turkey day, since we're eating them and all. I definitely wouldn't be a Happy Turkey.

Also - Everyone that says "Happy Turkey Day" is being unfair to the other side dishes - Why not "Happy Sweet Potato Day!" or "Happy Broccoli Casserole Day!" because those are just as delicious as the turkey. Anyway, on to the list!

Things I am thankful for (in no particular order of course):
  • My coffeemaker (and Starbucks)
  • Christmas music!
  • An almost-perfect family: I couldn't ask for a better one
  • My boyfriend who is so much like me it’s scary and awesome!
  • Faith – in God, in my future, in my family and friends
  • Facebook and my phone to keep up with old friends
  • Turkey sammiches !
  • Having a fantastic place to live and a pretty awesome brother to live with
  • Friends who are there for you no matter how far away they are (like…3,498 miles last time I checked)
  • Cooking time
  • The Internet – because it knows everything

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hey, that's me! that friend who's 3,498 miles away! :( . . . I'll be within 5 miles within 13days! :) :) :)