Sunday, November 9, 2008

I love soup!

I've not posted anything recently because I don't want to bore anybody with my daily goings-on...inpatient peds is pretty good but I don't have many patients which makes it a little boring. I'm also getting more frustrated with my inability to decide how much I like different specialties. I like everything, I can't decide what I like the most or least! Anyway, besides the constant battle of trying to decide what to do with my life, not much has been going on.


Anyway... I decided to write today about something that is very dear to my heart: homemade soup! It's cheap, healthy, delicious and warms you up on a blustery day - seriously, how much more could I want?

Last week I made some potato soup. I'd never made potato soup before (I have never even made a cream based soup)...but I basically found that potato soup is basically watery mashed potatoes. Which is a good thing, of course, but I like a little more variety.

One soup I'm particularly fond of is my Thai Omelet soup. It's basically broth with cabbage and carrots (and I usually throw in some ramen noodles) but what makes it delicious is you cook an "omelet" and cut it into strips and put it on top of the soup.

Today I made "Tortilla tomato soup" which is a delicious blend of onion, garlic, tomatoes, and cilantro, topped with fried tortilla strips and cheddar cheese.

Later this week I have two other delicious soups to make: a turkey chili and tomato soup with Israeli couscous. I'm pretty pumped.


I'm (hopefully) going to put the recipes on my other blog if you would like to make these delicious goodies on your own. Or, if you're nice to me, maybe you can come over and eat soup with me!

No comments: