Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a few things and a funny story

Few things:
1) It's very very cold outside.
2) I bought fleece sheets from Target which were the BEST DEAL EVER because they're ultra fantastically warm.
3) Flu shots hurt but hopefully are worth it.
4) My toilet broke.

Funny story:
Yesterday I sent my mom an email with the article I "helped" write (so now I'm officially a published scientist...not counting the wikipedia page on PGRMC1), so she called to congratulate me. Here's how it went:
Mom: That's really great, Katie, I'm proud of you!
Me: Thanks Mom, but I didn't really do much of it.
Mom: No, it must be important because in order to get the full text online article it wanted me to pay $30!
Me: I hope you didn't pay that.
Mom: No... So, is the article going to be in a magazine or something?
Me: They usually call them "journals," mom.
Mom: Oh. So is it something I can get at Joseph-Beth?
Me: I don't think so. I will send you the final copy if you really want it.
Mom: Well not really - I can't even understand the title!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

haha . . . that's fantastic! way to go on sounding smart! :)