Thursday, January 15, 2009

Passport

Today I went to the post office to get my passport. Things were moving slowly (like they always do at the post office) but the woman helping me finally got found the camera to take my picture. She snapped one (without warning!) and went to the back to print it out.

She came out of the room and exclaimed "Look at this picture! Look! She looks like a model! Wow! When I retire I need to become a photographer!" and then showed it to her coworkers and everyone waiting in line. Her coworkers were impressed - apparently there aren't too many good-looking passport pictures at the Post Office.

I didn't really know whether to congratulate her on her photography skills, or thank her for a sort-of-implied compliment.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

now, i'm jealous that your passport photo actually looks good! so, you're on your way to Peru as soon as you get your passport back, right? ;)