Thursday, March 19, 2009

Match Day

One year from today, I will be determining my fate for the next 3-4 years. It's a little terrifying that my future will be determined by a magic international double-matrix-voodoo-computer, with lots of numbers and rankings and things. Actually a lot terrifying.

First things first though: what do I want to do when (if) I grow up?


In lighter news, Chris and I have found a great reception place for our wedding (finally!) and that makes me happy. It's even on sale! I've still not figured out which dress I like better...but I am planning to go once again to the store and try on poofy white dresses to decide which one I want to become Mrs. Simmons in. Hehehee.

I do get a little sad because I like my last name (I've had it for 23 years now and grown quite fond of it), but Chris is the last male in his family so he feels he has to carry on the family name. We both agree that Twist is cooler, though. :)


Anyway, I'm trying to study (and failing quite miserably) because my resident let us go home at 11:30 this morning (on a call day!!!) because we need to study for the Shelf exam next week. Shelf=really hard. But, it's a national exam so at least it's fair. And curved. Whew! We also have a "clinical performance exam" where we get to play with fake patients. That is a little stressful but hopefully goes well.

Sorry I've not been very cohesive in writing lately. Or ever. Maybe I can work on that...after I do these GI questions. :)

1 comment:

Katie! said...

You could keep your name, but give your many and adorable children his - your last name doesn't really have anything to do with it. (I'm a big advocate for keeping your own name, as I didn't and actually really regret it.)

Also, you'll be Dr. Simmons before too long (before he will be, actually...)!

<3