Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Great Sam

I don't have any really fantastic stories from psych just yet but we are currently detoxing a patient from alcohol who is the exact same patient I had in the ER who came in after being "found down" who had apparently ingested many many drugs. I poked that guy in every single hole - foley catheter, two IV lines, cardiac monitors (not a hole but a check on my list), nasogastric tube. Anyway, he alone accounted for almost half my checklist in the ER so he's my friend.

Curiously, he never mentioned ever being in the hospital to the docs at Good Sam (he was at UK in December). When I told them he was familiar to me they were very interested. Detective Katie breaks another case! Whoo!

Oh, and Good Sam is Great so far. They have a "Doctor's Lounge" with FOOD in it all day! And there is a parking garage right next to the hospital. SWEET.

Oh! AND...we have to do a mock trial of a high-profile serial killer case where the defendant pleads insanity at the end of the month (I guess to see what it's like to be a medical examiner), but guess who gets to be the serial killer?! Yep, Krazy Katie the Killer. Okay, not really, but something like that. I'll let you know how that goes. :)

PS-I changed the layout today. I think it looks kind of 'springy' - what do you think?

No comments: