Sunday, May 17, 2009

rainbow cake

Since my psych rotation has been a little easier on me time-wise, I have been able to enjoy a little wedding planning (and not enjoy some of it too), as well as bake a little for friends and family. Chris' roomate(s) Kateri and Karl got church married last weekend, and I had the privilege of being one of 11 people in attendance - including the happy couple and the priest! Needless to say it was a very intimate and fun ceremony, and I offered to make a yummy wedding cake for her and her family.


It was a yellow cake (made with diet coke for a delicious and lower-fat version of regular yellow cake) with a teensy bit of buttercream frosting then covered in sweet marshmallow fondant. YUM! Chris helped make it, so he deserves a little credit too.

Chris took wedding pictures, which you can see HERE.

A few days ago, while surfing the web (like always) I came across a website that showed how to make a RAINBOW CAKE. After seeing the pictures, Chris immediately demanded me to leave the house and go buy supplies for this feat. I did, and the next day we had delicious rainbow cake to share. It was a little lumpy, but I learned my lesson and it won't happen again. :)




(see the sprite zeros going in instead of eggs, oil, and water? yep, it's awesome.)


I made some more marshmallow fondant for this cake and colored it to make it all swirly, then I made some fondant roses - I had never done that before so I think they look pretty good!Mmm! Colors!

1 comment:

Katie! said...

HOLY COW. You are amazing!

Hope wedding planning is going well - whoever you get to make your cake has quite a standard to meet!

<3