Monday, April 6, 2009

happy holy week

Well I certainly haven't been very good at updating.

Uhm...medicine final was tough, hopefully that went okay. I hopefully did well but don't think I could have done anything differently. We'll see.

Neurology has been...different. Neurologists are a different breed. Not my particular type of breed, but they're okay I guess. Clinic was last week and this week I'm on Peds Neuro. It's okay, but I don't really like to do new things so I won't really like it until the weekend when I go off service anyway.

Maybe I'm leaning towards medicine again? Stay tuned!

Met with a wedding florist this weekend. HOLY COW flowers everywhere. Need to cut back a little on that. Or hydrangeas that are $10 a flower - who knew? Maybe my grandma will offer to do the flowers for me - she used to own a flower shop, you know. Anybody ever heard of ranunculus? They come in all sorts of colors, and I think I like them.


I just finished watching House and it was super sad. I won't spoil it for you, though! Sometimes I don't want to be a doctor because lots of sad things happen.

Happy Holy Week! Palm Sunday was yesterday and it's my favorite church day of the year. The music is always awesome and it's not as crowded as Easter. I also love all the other services during the week - the washing feet on Thursday (okay I don't like washing them that much but the service is nice) and Walk the way of the Cross on Friday, then the Passion play Friday night, then Easter Vigil - and Chris is going to become Catholic! (officially!) Yeah!

I have some cake and bought Chris some "holy presents" but I think that neuro will make me work on Sunday. It would be super nice to have off the whole weekend, though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Unfortunately, because my mom is a CPA and Easter is April 12 (only 3 more days until Tax day!) she will probably be working on Easter, too. Maybe we can celebrate with the Eastern Orthodox church... or maybe I'll just eat cake after work.

Anyway, I need to go learn about hypotonia, seizures, tuberous sclerosis, and tons of other things. Maybe I'll update a little better this week!

1 comment:

Katie! said...

I watched that House episode too. I cried, which is not something I do, especially over TV.

Also, I remember that same realization about the cost of hydrangeas!

<3