Saturday, November 14, 2009

So...wow.

Time flies! There have been an insane number of things going on, and there's no way to recap all the events. Bummer. I'll see what I can do:

I've been married 4 weeks as of today - hooray! Best day of my life ("so far"). No pictures yet, but soon I hope!! Chris and I kept a little "wedding blog" from our wedding and honeymoon. I will probably post that someday, but it's not finished. It needs pictures. (Seriously, what is it with me and pictures...) The honeymoon - AMAZING. That's all that needs to be said. I gained like five pounds in a week because it was all-inclusive meals and booze. Now I need to start working out. :) That's next on the to-do list, actually.

The week we got back I worked 80 hours including two overnight calls (30 hours each, which helps make up a good hunk of that 80), and played with kiddos. Most of them were cute. After a couple weeks of peds, I flipped my brain upside down (I mean that almost literally) and took care of grown ups. I'm still waiting for a cute one. I've had a couple "dissatisfied customers" the past few days and it's sort of frustrating, but (adult) medicine is crazy challenging so I am enjoying it. I'll probably enjoy it more when it's not quite so challenging, though.

Next week is my last week of my AI then we go into "anatomy block" which = "do absolutely nothing" block. I think our final exam is a 1-page, double spaced paper on whichever anatomical part we choose, or something. I'm looking forward to it!

We're still getting everything settled in (especially after getting all the registry items dumped here from my parents house - holy cow we have a lot of stuff!), almost all the thank-you notes are written, and I am finally feeling like I live here. Yea!

It's been a pretty amazing month, if I say so myself, I think I like this whole marriage thing!

Hooray!

No comments: