Monday, November 30, 2009

Katie the Housewife

I hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving. Mine was sort of a bust, since I came down with a miserable cold right before all the festivities, and so I was knocked out on sudafed and ibuprofen the entire time, and didn't feel very festive at all. It was nice to see the family (and they got to see all our wedding pictures!) but I really was pretty anti-social throughout the whole thing. I'm finally feeling about back to myself (aside from the occasional goopy nose, but I can live with that - I am considering pediatrics after all!) and SO glad. I think the biggest problem with being sick was that I had absolutely nothing to occupy my time. Nothing to study, no projects to finish - and the fact that I felt like my sinuses were going to explode out of my face every time I moved didn't really help with the motivation.

Apparently I need some hobbies. I used to have tons, but med school sort of zapped them out and made them seem less useful (at least some of them). Now my creative outlets typically turn to baking or cooking endeavors since they're sort of "practical," you know, you can eat them when you're done. Maybe I can start baking Christmas cookies or something. Hmm.

OH I almost forgot - wedding pictures! Yes, we finally got our wedding pictures! HOORAY! There will be plenty more up shortly (we got TWELVE DVD's full of pictures - I think Chris said there were about 2100 in all!) But our lovely photographers complied a little slideshow with music for us. Are you excited? I'm excited! Here's the link:

http://vimeo.com/7831286

If you couldn't tell, our photographers were AWESOME. Seriously. Amazing. I highly recommend them to anybody! Annie and Toby Varland: www.varlandphotography.com

I'm thinking of making a post with my reviews of all my wedding vendors since some were really awesome and some were a little sub-par, and I have tons of friends getting married who may appreciate it!

Anyway, now that I am pretty much a housewife, I'd better get started...doing whatever housewives do. Maybe I'll google search "hobbies" or something. Or maybe I'll waste more time on http://suggestoftheday.com/ ....maybe.

No comments: