Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thanks

It would be a lot easier if I'd written these residency interview thank you notes about a month ago.

Especially since I apparently have absolutely no recollection of one of them. Oops. I think I can wing it, though! Now just to figure out what I'm actually going to do with my life. Ugh!

Not much new going on here, still on derm - I actually really really like derm and I really can't complain working only four 1/2 days per week, but it's sort of boring since all I do is shadow. I realize I can't do the same things as a dermatologist, but seriously, couldn't I freeze that wart myself? Or talk to the patients at all? I think I can. I'm *almost* a doctor. (Yippee!)

On a sadder note, 2010 hasn't started off on the best foot for our family. After Prancer passed away, my grandparent's little doggie, Max, also passed away (he was like their baby!), so it's been really hard on them. To make it even harder, my grandpa fell and bled into his brain (and was on blood thinners, bad combination...) and is having surgery tomorrow to release the pressure. It sounds like he will be OK right now but will likely need to move to a nursing home (and for a 90 year old like him, they're going to have a hard time keeping up with him!) Please keep him, my grandma, and the rest of my family in your prayers.

Because I don't want a depressing end to this post, I'll tell you something exciting (for me, anyway). I found an opportunity to do two things I love AT THE SAME TIME - volunteering and baking! Why didn't I think of this sooner?! I'm baking cupcakes and marshmallows for the Dance Blue Bake Sale - hopefully some awesome photos tonight!

No comments: