Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another one bites the dust

I should really be studying right now seeing as I'm taking the biggest exam of my life in 36-ish hours... so I'll make this quick!

1) I've been researching places to go on vacation for about a week after boards. I need a vacation, and this is my last chance to do so for a very long time. Checking for last-minute deals gave me hopes of flying to the Caribbean and laying on a beach, but checking my bank account reminded me that maybe I should scale it back a bit. The tentative plan now is to road trip it down to Florida for some Clearwater beach action. Chris and I spent a 6-hour car trip together a few months ago and had a blast, so I figure 13 can't be that bad, plus we're a little familiar with the area and will be able to have a car to get around. I'm pretty excited. Heck, I'd be excited to go to Cincinnati for a day trip - just get me out of the house!

2) My friend Jessica got married yesterday. Everything was beautiful and perfect and I had a great time hanging out with old friends and pretending like I was a normal person for a few hours. Weddings/marriages used to scare the crap out of me (not as much the commitment-for-the-rest-of-your-life thing but the wedding/reception planning! Too many decisions), but I think I'm getting better at accepting it. I may even have one someday!

3) I've been making a list of things to do for the rest of the summer. Some of those things include:
  • Bodyworlds exhibit (I've been wanting to go since January!)
  • Jazz in Ecton park
  • Shakespeare in the Park (if they're doing it this year? I can't figure it out...)
  • Woodford Reserve with the parents
  • Hiking the Gorge
  • Run the Bluegrass 10,000!
Oh, and working in the lab. Yeah.

Anyway, I'm going to go bake some brownies, then off to studying. Almost done!

No comments: