Monday, June 16, 2008

I love soup

This soup rocks - it is easy, cheap, fast, versatile, and nutritious. PERFECT! I use the frozen mixed vegetables that are "Italian style" and whatever else I can find in the pantry. I love that I can mix just about anything into it that I want!

Here's the recipe taken from the Kraft website. You can get a free "Kraft food and family" magazine with lots of recipe ideas (and lots of advertisements for Kraft, of course) if you sign up.

Anyway, you should try this soup. It's definitely a winner.

Minestrone Soup
Minestrone Soup
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 8 servings, 1 cup soup and five crackers each
2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can (16 oz.) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
2 cups cooked kidney beans (prepared without salt)
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup shell macaroni, uncooked
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
PREMIUM Unsalted Tops Saltine Crackers

COMBINE all ingredients except crackers in large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. SIMMER 20 min. or until macaroni is tender. SERVE with the crackers.

No comments: