Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cuppicakes

A week or so ago I made some cupcakes, I decorated some of them a little bit cute so I thought I'd share. I made a new kind of fondant icing (made out of marshmallows and powdered sugar!) and wanted to try it out before it went bad. It was a little sticky so it didn't turn out super,but with a little practice I could be making supercute cupcakes once again.


This cupcake I made for a certain friend who sometimes reads my blog, and I hear her unborn child has a thing for cupcakes. Unfortunately she was on vacation (having way more fun than I've had in the lab) so she couldnt eat this cupcake. I will make her more, though! :)These were the cupcakes I made for my co-worker's last day. They weren't really a big hit - my mom says it is because people don't like to eat blue food, and she says there are scientific studies to prove her point (as if "mom says" isn't enough proof)
This one was the first one I made. Guess the sesame street character!
This one I made the fondant with chocolate (it was extra yummy)
And last but not least, my other blog reader who lives in PERU! This cupcake is both to celebrate her day of birth and Peru's independence day. :)
And a little of everything...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Job well done on your Peruvian cupcake. :) I feel so special. And, well, so does Peru! Thanks, dear.

P.S. I can't wait until the next time I get to eat one of your cupcakes. Don't let your baking skills get rusty in the meantime!

Katie! said...

Awwwwww!!! I love it!

Well done on all accounts! I am sad to have missed the Great Cupcake Bake, but will take your word that it will happen again - and soon!

Hope you had a great last week of freedom!