Saturday, July 12, 2008

Today was DELICIOUS!

Exactly one year ago today I went on my first "official" date with my dear Christopher at Natasha's cafe - wow does time fly! He is really awesome, but instead of gushing about how wonderful he is I will tell you what we have done today, which is probably more interesting (no offense, Chris).

1) woke up SUPER early (for a Saturday, I mean) and went to the Farmer's Market to get some fresh peaches and green beans. I wanted some corn and tomatoes, but I ran out of money so maybe I will get those next week. :)

2) Next we went to Walmart (kind of the opposite of Farmer's market but it's cheap and I'm poor so that's just too bad) to get a few groceries for my house and organizational supplies for my room - I'm moving downstairs into a room that's at least half the size of my old room, half the closet space, and half the bathroom space. Needless to say, I've got a little too much stuff. I have already filled 3 garbage bags with Goodwill items and I'm sure I will have much, much more by the time I get all the stuff out of my old room.

3) We went back to Christopher's house and I decided to make pasta salad. Except we didn't have any of the "normal" pasta salad things (except for the pasta, of course) - no olives, italian dressing, pepperoni, or anything. So, I made a minestrone-type pasta salad with Italian veggies (from the freezer), kidney beans, stewed tomatoes, and a balsamic vinagrette. It was basically minestrone soup without the soup, and very tasty. I also made tilapia which also turned out delicious. Yea food! I need to get in as much cooking as I can before 3rd year starts...I hear you don't have much free time... ;)

4) Next, I had a sweet tooth (as I always do) and made low fat tiramisu. I made tiramisu last week with cream cheese, sour cream, and little shortbread cookies, but today it was super "healthy" and I made it with angel food cake and ricotta cheese. I haven't tasted the whole thing put together but licking the bowl was pretty much amazing.

5) Now, we don't know what to do. I think I will either go to the YMCA and burn off some of that tilapia or else go back to my apartment to sift through my crap. Either way, it was an awesome day.

No comments: