Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Um...where to begin


Things I have been up to since my life was given back to me:

  • BODIES exhibit at the Cincinnati museum: this exhibit was SUPER cool, Chris and I spent hours and hours walking around and looking at all the dissections. We had hoped there would be a little more pathology there - they showed normal lungs and smokers lungs, but I wish they would have shown more things and given more advice on how to live a healthy lifestyle, and also focused a little on obesity. But I think they weren't trying to make a social point, they just wanted to show the human body from the inside out.
  • Smoky Mountain National Park: We were going to camp in the Smokies a few days but since the weather looked a little stormy, we decided to hike out to the highest point in the Smokies and watch the sunset. It really was "smoky" there - most of the time you couldn't see anything due to the thick fog, but we hiked anyway and once we got to the top all the clouds cleared away and you could see a gorgeous sunset. The pictures don't do it justice.


  • Hilton Head, SC: We stayed in a sweet hotel on the beach in Hilton head. We enjoyed the pool and beach and sun, watched the sun rise (yes I woke up at 5:30am on vacation), played with flashlights on the beach at midnight, and tons of other fun vacation-y things.

  • Savannah, GA: we made a stop in Savannah to walk around the town. It was cute, but it began to storm so we cut our visit short and headed home.
  • Now, I'm researching and making the big bucks in Dr. Craven's lab. Actually, now that I'm getting into the research and starting to understand it I'm getting sort of excited about it, which is good, but I only work for 2 1/2 more weeks.
(
  • Shakespeare in the park: Chris and I bought our season tickets and saw Anthony and Cleopatra last Thursday night. Some friends of ours met us there and it was pretty fun. I even bought Chris a picnic basket for our anniversary!

No comments: