Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ah, and part 3

Student health is way more entertaining than I thought.

This is, word for word, what a patient put on his check-in sheet for what ended up being an acute case of epididymitis (read: infection of the testicle):

Location: inside inside.
Describe your pain: at first it was slightly throbbing but it just hurts inside it so bad worsening
How severe is it on a scale of 1-10: 8, for real it's my freaking nut, it hurts


I quite literally "LOL'd" when I read that in the chart. Oops. He frequently referred to "his freaking nut" throughout the history/exam. He also wore his sunglasses the entire time, told me his life sexual history (without me asking anything about it), and told me how violated he felt after we were done.

Sent him to the ER for a rule out torsion (which would mean emergency surgery and probably losing the "nut") but thankfully it was only a case of epididymitis.

No comments: