Tuesday, April 27, 2010

picture perfect

You're in for a photo treat today! I got Chris to upload TONS of photos for me, and I'm so excited that I'm going to share them all at once! Yay!

First, these are some gorgeous roses we got at Meijer a couple weeks ago. They were too pretty not to share!
Next is a set of photos of some cupcakes I made for my friend Sabrina's bridal shower. Sabrina was my roommate for...maybe four years? I can't remember exactly but it was a really long time! She's a super awesome friend and I'm so happy for her and John. John is definitely a lucky guy!
The cupcakes are a mixture of red velvet (of course with cream cheese frosting...yum!) and a special "princess funfetti" mix with only pink and purple sprinkles! :) I also made a couple "UK" cupcakes since Sabrina and John are super UK fans. I wish that I had gotten a close-up of the engagement ring cupcakes because I added "luster dust" on them - making them shiny and sparkly!
Me, in my cute little apron that Chris got me a couple Christmases ago!
I love how well the monograms turned out - it was so easy with my little food writing markers!
Mmm....velvety!

These pictures are WAY overdue - they were for my Grandpa's 90th birthday party. When I think of Grandpa, I think of bourbon, so this cake was perfect for him. I placed the bottle on top of a delicious chocolate chip cake, and we had both his families get together to celebrate 90 awesome years.
Oh and the brown "bourbon" color? Those are peanut butter candy melts. The only thing yummier than a rice crispy treat is a rice crispy treat covered in peanut butter candy!


Hooray for cake! :) Now the only photos I'm missing are those of my dad's chocolate-raspberry layer cake that I made for his birthday. He's got those pictures (not Chris this time!) so I've got to get those from him.

Now that school's out I'm working on a pretty sweet project that I will give you details on soon. A sweet project that actually does not include cleaning my house, painting my fingernails, or the rainy yucky weather. It does involve cake, though, and a bunch of other things. That's just a hint. I hope you are excited. :)

No comments: